What a Weekend!

We had a great weekend this past weekend. Friday morning brought a playdate at Chesterfield Town Center with our good friends Amy/Jackson and Katie/John. It is amazing how much the kids have grown!
Jackson, John & Ella March 2010
John, Jackson & Ella March 2011
And from one of the very earliest playdates we had with Amy & Jackson
October 2, 2009 compared with Friday’s playdate (March 11, 2011):
We are superbly blessed!
Of course, all that fun led into an incredible weekend in Lynchburg visiting Jeff’s grandmother, aunt & uncle.
Aunt Margaret is a GREAT sport!

Of course, it can’t all be singing and roses, right? Ella woke up in the middle of the night Friday night with a fever. Luckily, Margaret and I were watching the 6 hours of Pride & Predjudice (with Colin Firth) so we just medicated her and let her sit up with us for a bit. Fever stayed up most of the day Saturday, but that didn’t stop Ella from playing or getting lots of love.
Reading with Aunt Margaret
Wearing Uncle Kenny’s boots!

“Riding” the tricycle. Maybe next time she’ll be able to do it herself!
Playing with a cat named “Little Dog” named after a cat named “Dog”
Really, it was hard to know she was even sick! Ella also got to pet a baby duck (and a grown up duck).
It was a busy weekend!! And – here’s a rare treat – we got a family picture:
It isn’t a great one (Jeff’s eyes are closed), but we’re all looking in the direction of the camera.
We’ll just imagine that he is praying his thankfulness to God for us. (hee hee hee).
Today has been a bit dramatic…which is all I could expect following a great weekend, right?
We had to skip Bible study today because while Ella’s fever dropped yesterday morning, it wasn’t quite 24 hours and I didn’t want to risk infecting anyone else. Then at breakfast, Ella informed me that she’d put a puff up her nose. So a trip to the pediatrician got substituted into our morning.

No puffs in her nose, but she has congestion in her lungs and a red throat so she got tested for strep & flu – both negative (thankfully). She has the same sinus issues I do, but she’s too young for any of the good treatments so we headed to Target with our prescription for an antihistimine. That took another hour so it was 3:00 before I got her close to her crib to nap.
It took her forever to wind down and doze off, but I think we actually accomplished that, too.
And now I’m just trying to relax a bit before making dinner (super easy thanks to Aunt Margaret sending homemade meatballs & sauce home with us!).  Anyway…
Happy Pi Day to all!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s