No, “SUMMER” has not actually started in Richmond, VA…but for us it is HERE!
First of all, after WEEKS of hitting yard sale after yard sale, my mom convinced me to post on Richmond Mommies that I was in search of a toddler slide for Ella. I had to be convinced because I had already seen about 5 exchange custody on the Buy/Sell/Trade/Free forum so I was pretty sure my late to the game request wouldn’t get a response. Well it did – within 30 minutes! I snagged a great little slide with a good size platform (my major requirement) for $10! Yes TEN DOLLARS! So cool! And Ella LOVES it!
She slid and slid and slid – all day only heading inside when DRAGGED for lunch, naptime, and dinner.
Since it has been rainy here, we also ended up quite dirty that day…
Not only that, but at one of those above mentioned many yard sales, I snapped up a bike seat for Ella for a mere $15! It was meant for my Canondale, but won’t go on it. Jeff is now even more convinced that we paid far too much money for my bike (which I’ve barely gotten to ride since I have Ella and no bike seat to take her along with me). However – when I was sick yesterday he discovered that it does fit HIS bike.
So Ella went on her first bike ride with her daddy…and is now addicted. So is Jeff. He’s hoping to get off work ontime tonight so there is enough daylight to take his girl out for a ride after dinner. Maybe (since I’m feeling much better) I’ll get on my pretty bike and ride along. Now that sounds fun!
After reading my FAVORITE blog by Kelle Hampton, I’m formulating a “to-do” list for this summer:
1. Visit my brother in Los Angeles (he’s been out there 6 years and I’ve yet to go)
2. Go to the San Deigo Zoo when in California (I’ve always wanted to go)
3. Get that green bike to fit me, too, so Ella and I can go for rides during the day.
4. Get a personal trainer at the gym and
5. LOSE MY BABY WEIGHT (I’ve lost 0 lbs in 18 months)
6. Spend a week at Nags Head in my mom’s trailer – just us gals
7. Bake more – why do I buy store-made cookies?
8. Plan a girl’s night to go CLUBBING (thanks, Kelle!) – oh I used to love to dance!
9. Start my own bookclub (will check that off in June)
10. BUY A NEW BIKINI BY SUMMER’S END
I’m sure there are more goals I have that I’m not thinking of, so more may be added later. That last one is a kicker. I saw the cutest green bikini last night at the mall (walking around after I felt better) and was dying to be small enough to be in a bikini again…I will be! I will be!
So…COME ON SUMMER! I’m ready for you!
4 thoughts on “Summer 2010”
1 and 2. LA and San Diego are both great. Go.
3. Since my knee injury I've been running less and biking more. Love it.
4. Don't have a PT, but my gym is small enough that really I do. In fact, he's gonna kick my butt tomorrow night with a new weight routine and a cardio (VO2) test.
5. Weight Watchers (and exercise) work. Honest to goodness.
6. We're going to OBX at some point, too.
7. Love to bake. Baking night anyone?
8. Hmmm, still haven't done this, but will be taking a class at Studio X for Jamie's bachelorette party next month.
9. I should be joining you. 🙂
10. Also my goal. We shall see.
And a baking night sounds like a lot of fun!
A baking idea. . . It is fun to do a cookie swap. Everyone brings a few dozen cookies and everyone goes home with a variety of cookies. That may not help with your weight loss goal but it is fun!
Definitely wouldn't help the diet…of course, a baking night won't either!